Sunday 14 February 2016

My Engagement Day

Day: Sunday
Date: 15th February 2015
Venue: My House
Time: 10am-12pm


*Note: This post was made on last year after the engagement event but only posted today. I was still free-hair. So in this post, I didn't put our pictures, but it doesn't change any fact. Enjoy your reading!



15th February (tomorrow & on last year, 2015) was me and my long time partner’s 4th anniversary or our relationship. We started when we were still at our college/university, doing our diploma/degree.
It was on Maulidul Rasul, 2011, a day after Valentine’s Day.

We had been friends since we were form 1 (13 years old) and had been friends with him since. He used to pick fights with me, usually on petty matters and, well, we weren’t actually fighting. Just some bad talking to each other and had some eye staring contests and that’s all. We bonded quite well since we were still teens. It was a hate-like friendship at that time, hahaha...

After SPM on 2006, we were having our own life and we lost contact until some years later, when a friend of ours nicknamed Jiha (which acts as a glue that stick all of us from the same class to be together until now) decided to have the first reunion of our class (5 Fatanah 2006, SMK Abd Jalil). I remembered that time, I was waiting with my best friend, Dila (my soon-to-be bridesmaid) at a bus stop near a house that we promised to meet where we would gather up before moving to the first house to visit. That was when on Aidil Fitri holidays where visiting friends and relatives are encouraged. I guessed it was on 2008-09. That was when he and I met again after a long time.

We haven’t contacted each other yet after we met again. Later, I’ve decided to have his phone number (or he decided to have mine - i forgot which one) from that particular friend nicknamed Jiha since she had everyone’s phone number. Since then, me and this guy started to connect.

It was hard at first because we were still students in college/university because we had limited finances and we had to limit our contact and since we subscribed on different telco provider, plus it was not like nowadays, when Blackberry was still a trend, lol! No Whatsapp and all and it made it worse. However, he started to have part-time work in a famous chain restaurant in Mid Valley and we had more time (and money) to connect to each other often.

Although we were close, there was some stories with me and some other boys too since, well, I’m a grown up (and i was still single that time). I wanted to find someone that i see fit. Although I met with a lot of (presumable) suitable candidates and maybe had some crushes, those boys and I were never became 'official'. And in his case, he too, was not much different. I even helped him to get to know some of my girl friends in case things could 'move on' with him, harharhar~~~

However, on that particular night (on the Maulidul Rasul night), somehow we had become 'official'. Can’t tell here how it happened though, because to you guys, it really doesn’t mean anything special, hehe...

And after several planning and all, we decided to get engaged on the 15th of February in 2015 after being in relationship for several years. The plan was simple though, we were supposed to have the ceremony in discreet, away from the eyes of the neighbors and the ears of the relatives and friends. But as a matter of fact, our parents can’t really keep their excitement. It ended up with almost every family members of my parents knew about this (though not all, but yeah, some of them knew).

On the day, my uncle and aunties came early. We promised to be at my home at 10am but his side was late by almost an hour (which almost made me had a heart attack). When they arrived, they were like, uhh, an army battalion? They arrived with a lot of cars and lot of people. They even brought up the dowries high up (ruined my plan of being ‘discreet’). Can’t say that I was mad for seeing such scene or happy that they arrived though, I had lost thought with what I've seen.

Anyway, he alone waited in the car and I had a friend (nicknamed Sab) waited in my parent’s room with me. The family members were discussing in the living room. What they discussed about, I did not give a care (the boy and I had the pre-discussion already, so the engagement day was just to make things formal). Before the discussion begin to get serious (or longer), they decided to give the engagement ring to me. Then they continued.

It did not take so long. After 30mins later, the discussion was over and they feasted.

The end.

Well, it was kind of happened that way, roughly. I can’t really remember the details. I was hiding in my parents' room with a friend (Sab), we talked to each other and sometimes my friend would stuck her ears on the door to hear what happening. She was the one who warned me that the boy's mum is coming so I could scrambled my way on to sit on a chair, trying to look 'feminine'. After the engagement, I had more things to worry. I had only a year until the day of solemnization.


My side's items including sirih menanti, samping songket, perfume (now dah tak jual kat Malaysia, had to buy it through ebay, sobs!), a set of shirt, a set of wallet and belt, a cake and fuits (including pears, kiwis, grapes and peaches, nyumm!). Tengok kat belakang tu, just alas tikar and semua duduk atas lantai je, ehehe...




The pride ring, full gold in 'belah rotan' design. Love it so much!




The items of their side included sirih junjung, a basket of fruits, a cake, a set of blue towel and handbag and the ring.




Everything was design by his bro-in-law. Such a creative man....




Nice right?



Nom nom!!!



Yes, we made the ceremony like, super simple and I'm super satisfied with myself. Simple and discreet, ehehe.... =D

And now it is like 5 more days to go. I is feel craaazzzyyyy~~~~

No comments: